1. GOOD SPORTSMANSHIP is expected from everyone who attends a Dance Ovations event. This includes the performers, teachers and audience members. RESPECT must always be given to others. Those not complying with this ruling may be disqualified.
2. No studio has the right to reserve an individual dressing room. Designated areas are for the use of all dancers entered. Please take into consideration the areas that are provided for our use might become overcrowded at times. We will do our best in accommodating everyone's needs, with venue's allowance. Changing areas are to be kept clean and left in the condition you found them. Every studio is responsible for their own clean up. NO FOOD OR DRINK ALLOWED IN DRESSING AREAS. WATER ONLY. All dressing areas/rooms are same gender only, this includes teachers and parents.
3. Anyone found defacing or destroying school property, this includes but not limited to the writing or erasing of chalk boards, touching or removing of school's materials, will cause studio disqualification.
4. There is NO FOOD OR DRINK ALLOWED IN the AUDITORIUM. Allowed in designated areas only.
5. There is no smoking allowed on school grounds, per order of State Law.
6. There is a zero tolerance for drugs/alcohol.
7. All aisles and doorways must remain clear at all times, per order of Fire Code.
8. No one is allowed to walk in front of the Judge's table, approach the Judges or sit in the vicinity of them. Restricted areas will be marked off.
9. Props are welcomed but NO special lighting, water, knives, swords, fog machines or fire allowed. All props must first be checked in at the beginning of each event and will be assigned a designated area to hold them. Props must be set on stage in a time frame of no more than 2 minutes, with same allotted time for removal off stage. NO STUDIO ATTIRE IS TO BE WORN FROM CREW PLACING/REMOVING PROPS. Any props requiring more set up time, must first be cleared through Dance Ovations prior to Scheduling of event. Not at any time, shall props block wings, crossover and or hallways.
10. Any debris such as feathers, glitter, etc., from routine, must be removed immediately from the stage at the completion of routine. NO STUDIO ATTIRE IS TO BE WORN FROM CREW doing the removal.
11. As with any physical activity, unforeseen accidents and or injuries can occur. Upon entering any Dance Ovations event, it is agreed that all studio owners, teachers, staff, performers and or parents and guests will not hold Dance Ovations, it's host facilities, Director or Staff responsible or liable for any accident, injury and or loss of property during any and all events.
12. Baby powder or any other form of powder is strictly prohibited in the entire facility.
13. All performers consent to the use of their photograph and or video performance for future promotions and or advertisements of Dance Ovations.
14. Performers are required to check in with the Backstage Manager 5 routines prior to their own. Once they have checked in, they will be instructed as to where to wait, quietly and respectfully.
15. There is no coaching from the wings and audience.
16. With respect to our performers, the audience is expected to remain in their seats when a routine is on the stage. Please enter and exit the auditorium between numbers and do so quietly, quickly taking your seat. With respect to others sitting around you, please save conversation for the lobby.
17. All Electronic devices, including but not limited to cell phones must be turned off in the auditorium.
18. All performers are invited to the stage for the Awards Presentation, demonstrating GOOD SPORTSMANSHIP and MANNERS throughout. No dancer will leave the stage until completion.
19. NO PERFORMANCE IS COMPLETE WITHOUT APPLAUSE! Dance Ovations encourages the entire audience to applaud for every routine they watch, and not only for those they know. Applause does not have any influence on the Judge's scoring. It does however show a powerful display to every performer, giving them the recognition, respect and appreciation they deserve. There is no screaming or yelling out of names or noises allowed. This is very distracting to the dancers, judges and other audience members. Repeated violation of this ruling could result in studio disqualification. Dance Ovations will always promote a Friendly, Family like atmosphere. A "POSITIVE" EXPERIENCE for ALL!!!
20. All scores and comments reflect the opinion of the Judges and not necessarily the opinion of Dance Ovations Director and or Staff. All Judge's decisions are final without dispute.
In order to continue to provide "FAMILY" entertainment to our audiences,
Dance Ovations strictly enforces that all routines do not contain any suggestive, sexual or violent contents. Costuming, choreography and lyrics must be appropriate. Any routine not following these guidelines, may be stopped and will be disqualified from any High Scores. I thank you in advance for your cooperation on this very important issue.