1. GOOD SPORTSMANSHIP is expected from everyone who attends a Dance Ovations event. This includes the performers, teachers and audience members. RESPECT must always be demonstrated to others. Violations of Our “Zero Tolerance” Policy is grounds for studio disqualification.
2. NO USE OF CAMERAS ALLOWED IN CHANGING ROOMS. No studio has the right to reserve an individual dressing room. Designated areas are for every dancer’s use. Please take into consideration the areas that are provided might become overcrowded at times. We will do our best in accommodating everyone’s needs within the venue’s allowance of space provided to us. Changing areas are to be kept clean and left in the condition you find them. Each studio is responsible for their own clean up. All changing areas are same gender only, this includes teachers and parents. NO FOOD OR DRINK ARE ALLOWED IN THE CHANGING AREAS. WATER ONLY for the dancers.
3. Anyone found defacing or destroying of a venue, school property, this includes but not limited to, writing/erasing chalk boards, touching or removing of school’s materials of any kind, will result in studio disqualification.
4. There is NO FOOD or DRINK ALLOWED in the AUDITORIUM. Designated areas only, with clean up to follow immediately.
5. All aisles and doorways must always remain clear, per order of the Fire Code.
6. No one is allowed to walk in front of the Judge’s tables, approach the Judges or sit in the immediate vicinity of them. Restricted areas will be marked off.
7. Props are welcomed, however NO special lighting, water, knives, swords, fog machines or fire is allowed. All props must first be checked in at the beginning of each event and will be assigned a designated area to hold them. Props must be set on stage in less than 2 minutes, with the same allotted time for removal. Any props requiring more than 2 minutes must first be cleared through Dance Ovations prior to scheduling of event. Not at any time shall props block the wings, crossover or hallways. It is the studio’s responsibility to set and clear the stage of Props as it is the responsibility to remove any debris, such as feathers, glitter, etc., from the stage immediately at the completion of routine.
8. Baby powder or any other form of powder is strictly prohibited in the entire facility.
9. There is no coaching from the wings or audience.
10. Performers are required to check-in with the backstage manager 5 routines prior to their own. They will then be instructed to the designated area to quietly await their turn.
11. If a dancer leaves the stage before completion of routine, there will be no retry allowed. Judge’s will score on what they saw before exit. An automatic 5-point deduction will be made by each Judge for non-completion. If the music fails during the routine, the volume will fade out and dancers are expected to continue dancing, finishing without the music. The Judge’s decision will be final for retry.
12. NO PERFORMANCE IS COMPLETE WITHOUT APPLAUSE… Applause before, during and at the end of every routine, promotes a “FRIENDLY ATMOSPHERE”. A POSITIVE EXPERIENCE for ALL! Dance Ovations encourage the entire audience to applaud for every routine they see. Applause has no influence on the Judges. It does, however, have an impact on the dancers. It demonstrates our recognition and appreciation for their hard work and efforts. We ask for the audience to refrain from screaming or yelling out names, as this can become distracting.
13. With RESPECT to our performers, the audience is expected to remain in their seats when the dancers are on the stage. When entering or exiting the auditorium, please do so in a quick, quiet manner. With respect to others sitting around you, save your conversation for out in the lobby. Please keep cell phones silent.
14. All scores and critique comments reflect the opinion of the Judges and not necessarily the opinion of the Dance Ovations Director and Staff. The Judge’s decisions are final without dispute.
15. NO PHOTOGRAPHY AND OR VIDEOTAPING ALLOWED during performances.
16. All performers consent to the use of their photograph and video performance for future promotions and or advertisement of Dance Ovations.
17. All performers are welcomed and invited to the stage during our Awards Presentation. Everyone will remain on the stage until the Ceremony is over and will demonstrate GOOD SPORTSMANSHIP and MANNERS throughout.
18. As with any physical activity, unforeseen accidents and injuries can occur. Upon entering any Dance Ovations event, it is agreed that all studio owners, teachers, staff, performers and or parents and guests will not hold Dance Ovations, its host facilities, Director or Staff responsible or liable for any accidents, injuries. Dance Ovations will not be liable for any lost or stolen items.
19. In order to continue to promote “FAMILY” entertainment to our audiences, Dance Ovations strictly enforces that all routines DO NOT contain any suggestive, sexual or violent contents. Costuming, choreography and lyrics must be appropriate. Any routine not following these guidelines will be stopped and routine disqualified.
I THANK YOU ALL for YOUR CONTINUED COOPERATION, UNDERSTANDING and above all TEAM CAMARADERIE!